Emergency Utility AssistanceNicholas Community Action Partnership
In order to be eligible for Emergency Utility Assistance, follow these general guidelines:
- You must be a resident of Nicholas County
- Annual gross income from all income sources must be at or below 125% of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Poverty Guidelines for each family size. Compare your income here.
- You must have a referral from DHHR.
- You must be in termination status.
- The person listed on the utility bill must be living in the household.
- DHHR referral
- Photo Identification
- Social Security cards for ALL members of the household
- Proof of Income for ALL members of the household
- Copy of the Utility Termination Notice
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- Services can only be offered once a year.
- Before seeking assistance again, families must attend a budget management class.